Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm Ready

I look at my entire high school career so far, and granted I'm not graduating this year, and certain things might change in the process of now and then, but it has been really interesting how I've changed and the person I've turned into since the day I came into high school.

I've never stepped into my high school without a boyfriend. At a certain point, this really bothered me, because I wondered if I was not being independent, or if I was missing out on something that I would get if I didn't have a boyfriend. If I was being to dependent on someone else in order to get through the day. If maybe there was something all the single people were getting that I just would never be able to with having a boyfriend.

Then I realized, during a week when my current boyfriend had to go off for a week how nice it was to have a boyfriend around. I was hit on four times in the process of 3 to 4 school days, had my ass grabbed and almost the same story with my boob. The guy got socked in the gut, and I would have given him a black eye if he hadn't stepped back far enough and someone grabbed my arm in order to make sure I wouldn't break the guys nose. I may not be the strongest person of the bunch, but I can have a flaring temper if someone makes me angry.

But this made me realize that having a boyfriend didn't make me dependent. Or that I was missing out on something, it made it so I could be my own person, without being constantly hit on, or nearly giving out black eyes for close boob grabs. Having one all the time meant that I could go that club, or sporting event. And I would have someone who would either take care of me making sure I didn't get myself into trouble, or give me my space when I had to take charge of something. Someone who would come to all of my music events and be sitting there right in the front row making sure that when my hands were shaking that I could still do it.

I also, think that in classes, I've kinda changed, because I want to do so much better in them than I did before. I want to succeed and get into a good music school. Before, there wouldn't have been anyone that could convince me that I should go to college, I wanted to join the peace core because I enjoy helping people. I still want to do that, I just want to play music for everyone around the world instead :) Music is the language that everyone can speak.

So, you are wondering what this title is "I'm Ready"? It is as simple as this, I'm ready to take on the world for whatever it is, and whatever it throws at me. Because I am the most independent woman in the entire world, who isn't afraid to tell it like it is, not afraid to go for what she wants, and ready to do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment